- This is the second appearance of Officer X.
- Rico can be used as a paper shredder.
- Alice has a lost toy file in her filing cabinet.
- Private refers to his grandmother as "Gran".
- Running Gag: Kowalski falls in love with Officer X's heavily upgraded van.
- There are 15 miles in the New York City Sewer System.
- Mr. Chew from "The Madagascar Penguins in A Christmas Caper" is pictured on the wall of the apartment.
- Officer X's badge reads "Animal and Food Control" and has a picture of a pretzel dog cart on it (as of Subberrua of Animal Control and Pretzel Cart Regulations).
- A 415-P in the animal control world is a "disturbance with penguins involved".
- A "brown river sneak-around" is simply taking the sewer as an alternate route.
- The Penguins are the only zoo animals who appear in this episode, but the chimps were mentioned.
- Private has a sewing kit.
- Karma is a major theme in this episode.
- The only stop that serves lines 2, 4, and 5 is 149th-Grand Concourse.
- Being 20 miles from the Zoo would make the penguins be considered stray animals.
- The lost toy report form has a ball with a grid on it with wings on either side as a header and has a checklist.
- Despite much of this episode taking place in the sewer, the Sewer Rats are noticeably absent. Officer X is the primary protagonist. Maybe they're scared of him.
Foul Ups, Bloops, and Blunders
- The license plate on the van is FSH E1, but this is the same plate from the fish delivery van in "Go Fish".
Behind the Scenes
END OF ARTICLE