- According to the Madagascar concept art, Maurice was originally supposed to carry a staff/cane. Though he did use one for the entirety of the episode in Right Hand Man.
- Maurice may have bad cooking skills, since in The Helmet, King Julien made horrible jokes out of it (which Mort strangely found funny).
- It is possible that Maurice has a crush on Darla, as in Out of the Groove he was apparently bewitched by her dancing and was staring at her with a smile on his face. Also, he did not seem to want to argue and/or fight with Darla , as he suggested that they try and work things out.
- Maurice's tail changed between the movies and the POM series. (ed: A lot of things changed. It was due to the change of animation style)
- Maurice doesn't exactly like King Julien although he is an advisor for him. These are the examples:
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted -- he smiled hopefully when he thought Julien fell to his "death", only to find out King Julien survived much to his disappointment.
- Gone in a Flash -- he was tired of King Julien's demands.
- Mort Unbound -- he drew a picture of King Julien as an idiot.
- Truth Ache -- he created a disgusting juice for Julien.
- Whispers and Coups -- Kowalski states that Maurice is "extraordinary intelligent for a mammal" as the penguins show stereotypes on mammals.
- Mort Unbound, he is left-handed.
- he is quite fond of doing the robot.
- Friend-in-a-Box:, Maurice is shown to be very talented with yo-yo's.
- According to Cedric the Entertainer, Maurice is Julien's cousin, this explains both why he puts up with King Julien, AND why he was so happy when King Julien 'died' in the third film, as it probably would have meant he was the new king. Though his personality about being the new king is quite different in Kingdom Come. And strangely, how could a ring-tailed lemur have a cousin that is an aye-aye lemur?
- Aye-ayes have longer fingers, but Maurice's fingers are different.
END OF ARTICLE