Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Operation: Tourist Trap -- To steal the tour jeep, which would be used to fix the plane.
Name: Airplane Built For: To get back to NYC; and to make a newer version that could fly to NYC again after the old one crashed. Ability: Fly. Success/Failure: Success; Success
- West Side Story (1961) -- Music and choreography during Alex's rite of passage.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) -- Julien riding on the flamingo wearing an Arabic headdress.
- The Patty Duke Show (1963) -- Alex, confusing Marty with the other zebras, says, "They laugh alike and talk alike."
- Get Smart (1965) -- Skipper says "That's the second biggest slingshot I've ever seen," one of Maxwell Smart's catchphrases.
- Born Free (1966) -- Uses the Born Free theme when Alex et al first see the nature reserve.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) -- Uses GBU theme during the old-lady fight scenes.
- Cool Hand Luke (1967) - Nana's broken sunglasses on the ground, like those of the sunglass-wearing prison boss.
- Planet of the Apes (1968) -- Mason repeats "All right, but you're so darn ugly."
- Roots (1977) -- Marty says "This is just like Roots."
- Alien (1979) -- The Penguins watch a TV showing an Alien ChestBurster coming out of Shrek.
- The In-Laws (1979) -- Alex shouts "Serpentine! Sepentine" to Marty just as Peter Falk did to Alan Arkin in "The In-Laws."
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990) (VG) -- Skipper refers to the launching slingshot as the "second biggest I've ever seen." Throughout the games, Guybrush always referred to anything huge using the exact same phrase.
- A Wish for Wings That Work (1991) (TV) -- The opening scene in "A Wish for Wings that Work" was a plane crash dream sequence, the reason being that "Penguins can't fly." Skipper states, "Who says that penguins can't fly?"
- The Lion King (1994) -- A lion defends his father's kingdom against the evil uncle.
- Chicken Run (2000) -- The line that Private delivers in his safety speech on the plane is the same safety tip that the rat gives the chickens in the Aardman film.
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Episode #8.144 (2010) -- Subject of a $3,000 question.
- Madagascar (2005) -- Scenes from the first movie are shown in the news report.
- At the Movies: Summer Special 2008/09 (#5.42) (2008) -- Clips shown when this movie is reviewed.
- 81st Annual Academy Awards (2009) (TV) -- Clip shown during 2008 Animation montage.
- This Morning: Episode dated 9 April 2009 (2009) -- Clip shown.
- The Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (#5.3) (1963) -- Mort is on the wing of the plane; Alex sees him and think he's a gremlin.
- Airplane! (1980) -- During the landing, Private talks down the pilot the same way Rex Kramer did to Ted Striker.
- Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) -- Alex sees Mort on the wing of the plane and thinks that he's a gremlin.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) -- Melman is going to sacrifice himself to gods. When he does he is wearing a white dress and a crown made of white flowers. This is just like what Willie was wearing when she was being sacrificed to the Kali gods.
- Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) -- Melman, believing he's going to die, agrees to have himself thrown in a volcano.
END OF ARTICLE