Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The camera says: ZOOM LENS 3X 5.4-16.2mm 1:28-48.
- Kowalski has a dry-erase board with a blue marker that he uses to write down plans.
- King Julien's habitat has a giant bouncy castle with his head on top of it.
- This was the first mention of the Doris the Dolphin. Her picture is visible on the table.
- King Julien's "rule number one" is "don't question the king."
- The garbage can is only filled with empty popcorn bags and paper cups.
- There is a male zookeeper in addition to Alice. He has a mustache and listens to headphones.
- The garbage can has a sign on it that reads "Keep your zoo CLEAN!"
- When the Penguins end up in the dump, the New Jersey license plate Kowalski finds reads "I heart BNJVI" and has a Feb 06 expiration. This is a reference to 80's Rock and Roll singer Bon Jovi.
- The Penguins must be back at the zoo by 0900 (9:00 AM).
- In addition to penguin and chimpanzee banners, there are banners for lion and zebra hanging around the zoo grounds in the familiar silhouettes of the original Madagascar characters.
- Private is on the cover of the zoo brochure.
- Kowalski has binoculars that have very elaborate readouts while looking through them.
- When King Julien says "my left," Mort still moves to his own left anyways.
- This is the first time Kowalski mentions his crush, Doris.
- Running Gag: Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico look for Maurice.
- Antagonist(s): King Julien until he sees a picture of Maurice and Maurice when he is outside the zoo until he gets in the zoo.
- The tune that played in the jack-in-the-box that Skipper was in was a sped-up version of the Penguins' jingle.
Foul Ups, Bloops, and Blunders
Behind the Scenes
- This episode aired as part of a "Super Stuffed Nicktoons Weekend" along with two other contenders for new Nickelodeon shows, "The Mighty B!" and "Making Fiends". They aired right before a brand new episode of "Spongebob Squarepants."
- "Gone in a Flash" is the pilot episode of the "The Penguins of Madagascar." It first aired on November 29, 2008.
- This episode was as part of the Double DVD Pack of Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa on February 6, 2009, along with the episode Popcorn Panic.
END OF ARTICLE